Resources - Kids - Video
This is a list of videos and playlists that promote critical thinking that are designed for children. If you know of a web site that should be included in this list, please share it with us.
- Bill Nye, the Science Guy (video segments)
- Bill Nye, scientist, engineer, comedian, author, and inventor, is a man with a mission: to help foster a scientifically literate society, to help people everywhere understand and appreciate the science that makes our world work. Making science entertaining and accessible is something Bill has been doing most of his life.
- Fairminded Fran (video stories)
- Fairminded Fran thinks a lot because it helps her learn. She knows she can't always believe what people say or what she sees and hears on TV. Fran thinks about others as well as herself. She is motivated to understand other people's situations and attempts to put herself in their shoes. (You can also visit http://www.fairfranscommunitycats.org/ to learn about community cats with Fairminded Fran.)
- Little Lives - Big Dreams (science and literacy)
- LittleLives was officially founded in 2007 with the belief that children are the future. With the firm belief that education is one of the best ways to contribute to a child's life, this group has committed themselves to creating products that will enrich and complement the education of children around the world. Most notably, they produced an animated series called Twinkle Trails which is comprised of 25 short episodes that introduce the basics of science and literacy in a fun, musical, and entertaining manner.