Resources - Kids - Games
Most of these web sites provide interactive learning games that make education fun. If you know of a web site that should be included in this list, please share it with us.
- Discovery Channel uses television to take its audience inside the wildest, most amazing and craziest phenomena in the world, and this television network generously provides a long list of games for children, some of which feature themes that compliment the content of the TV programming.
- Since 1997, kids, teachers, librarians, and parents have enthusiastically turned to FunBrain for its free educational games, online books, and comics. FunBrain, created for kids ages preschool through grade 8, offers more than 100 fun, interactive games that develop skills in math, reading, and literacy. Plus, kids can read a variety of popular books and comics on the site, including Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Amelia Writes Again, and Brewster Rocket.
FunBrain is published by Family Education Network, a part of Pearson, the education, services, and technology company. Pearson's other primary operations include the Financial Times Group and the Penguin Group.
- Game Goo - Learning that sticks
- Game Goo is a group of wonderfully imaginative "stick-with-you educational games" that help develop early reading skills identified as important language arts building blocks. In particular, the "Wizards and Pigs" game is what caught our interest because it was so beautifully produced.
These free interactive online educational games are produced by Earobics, a subsidiary of the Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Learning Company who cater to teachers with a passion for making learning fun and interesting for children.
- NASA Kids' Club Flash Games
- NASA provides a series of fun interactive video games for children that are delve into the future in space exploration, scientific discovery, and aeronautics.
- National Geographic games for kids
- National Geographic, the famous publication best known for its amazing photography, uses interactive video games to spark an interest among those who are younger.
- This web site hosts a collection of popular physics games from across the web that fit into five main categories: Construction games, demolition games, action games, projectile games, and stacking games.
- This web site hosts a collection of physics-based games that can be played online or embedded into a blog or web site, and that fit into six main categories: Block removal, construction, demolition, platform, projectile, and stacking (plus a 7th "other" category).
- Physics Games 365
- Physics Games 365 is a web site that provides physics games which include block removal, construction, demolition, platform, projectile, stacking, and box2d games.