Resources - Broadcasting - Video
This is a list of video broadcasters who promote critical thinking and are tailored to the interests that are inclined to atheism, often with a focus on science, skepticism, freedom, and rational thinking. If you know of a web site that should be included in this list, please share it with us or add it to the "atheist Blog Roll" at: https://www.atheistblogroll.com/blogs/submit.pl.
- An Atheist Reads The Bible (43 Alley)
- This is a cartoon video series that takes particular stories from the Bible, puts it into a silly animated format that was common in the 1970s, but then asks some serious questions. The author was raised in The Southern United States and encountered fierce devotion to the Christian religion for most of his life.
- An Atheistic Snail's Journey
- Atheistic Snail hosts a YouTube channel where she shares her journey from Catholicism to Atheism. She also discusses religion in general, politics, and other subjects of interest.
- Angie Dell
- Angie Dell shares random rantings and sage advice, and makes it fun for everyone. She also occasionally covers topics of atheism.
- Ansgar Odinson
- Ansgar Odinson advocates for the protection of art and freedom of expression. In his YouTube videos he discusses games, comics, art, politics, and religion. Ansgar has a long personal history with art, and in this age where it is continually under attack from SJWs (Social Justice Warriors) and modern/extremist feminists he feels that we need as many voices as possible speaking up to protect art.
- Anthony Magnabosco
- Anthony Magnabosco asks random people he meets on the street how they arrived at their God belief, and if they are using a possibly unreliable method to arrive there. The techniques he's using are known as Street Epistemology, which were originally promoted in Dr. Peter Boghossian's book entitled "A Manual For Creating Atheists."
- Apostate Chick
- An apostate from the Jehova's Witness (J.W.) religion produces a series of videos about her experiences, and some of the pressures she encountered that arose from leaving the religion. In one of her videos she puts on a wonderful performance of a "rap" (follow this link) that focuses on the religion she left behind ("jay-dub" is a shortened form of the initials J.W.).
- Apostate Prophet
- The Apostate Prophet is a learned former Muslim who focuses exclusively on factual and fair criticism of Islam in the light of experience, knowledge, and reasoning, accompanied by a healthy amount of satire.
- Armoured Skeptic, The (Sir Skeptalot)
- Sir Skeptalot, the Armoured Skeptic, produces videos that mostly focus on refuting theistic criticism of, or claims about, atheism. His credo is "I'm no political activist. I do not belong to any movements or groups. I merely like to share my opinions on those who do." His videos tend to be both educational and entertaining.
- Aron Ra
- Aron Ra is a famous atheist activist and the host of the Ra-Men Podcast. He formerly served as President of the Atheist Alliance of America and is a regional director of American Atheists. Aron produces YouTube videos about science, the problems with religion, and a variety of other interesting and mostly-related topics.
- Artimus Branesample
- Artimus Branesample has discovered that designer fruit flies don't generate as much on the open market as many people might think, so, sadly, he had to give it up. Fortunately, he does occasionally produce videos about some of the objectively dumbest opinions, beliefs, and personalities that most people generally prefer to avoid, an intellectual sacrifice that is appreciated.
- Atheist Analysis
- Atheist Analysis is an atheist activism organization (registered under 501C3 in the USA) that is committed to delivering entertaining, educational, quality, and effective atheist content that is 100% free, and its funding comes from the generous support and contributions of others.
To learn more, get involved, or support Atheist Analysis, please visit the official web site at http://www.atheistanalysis.com/.
- Atheist Edge
- Atheist Edge is a YouTube webcast produced in the Northern region of Texas, USA, which focuses on engaging aspects of the atheism community at large and strives to provide a platform to promote atheists in fun ways.
- Atheist Experience, The
- The Atheist Experience is a weekly live cable access television show in Austin, Texas, USA, that is geared at a non-atheist audience. The show is produced by the Atheist Community of Austin, which is organized as a non-profit educational corporation to develop and support the atheist community, to provide opportunities for socializing and friendship, to promote secular viewpoints, to encourage positive atheist culture, to defend the first amendment principle of state-church separation, to oppose discrimination against atheists, and to work with other organizations in pursuit of common goals.
See also: The Atheist Experience web site
- Atheist Minority
- A former Christian who was indoctrinated at an obscenely early age, Atheist Minority has since broken the chains of religious dogma. A long journey of questions, logic, and free-thinking has ultimately led her to atheism, and she firmly believes that it's the best thing that's ever happened to her. She hopes that something she says in her videos will plant a seed for others, too.
An example of the wisdom and encourage she imparts: "I know it's scary to stop believing in something you have always been convinced is the truth, but all you need is an open mind and a little bit of courage. Think for yourself - don't be afraid to question what you've always been told, and don't make decisions based on fear and fantasies."
- Atheist Rationale, The
- An "Aspie" (a person with Asperger's syndrome) who delves into the rationale of various beliefs and asserstions made by many religious people.
- Bad Tempered Badger
- Bad Tempered Badger's YouTube channel features a variety of videos about atheism, religion, protests, and various other interesting aspects of society at large. He also interviews other atheists.
- Mrs. Betty Bowers - America's Best Christian
- Award winning parody of America's Best Christian, Betty Bowers, gives compassionate Christian advice, operates a blog and an eMail newsletter, and features a number of satirical yet educational videos about Christianity.
- Bible Belt Atheist, The
- The Bible Belt Atheist is an atheist activist who talks primarily about science, religion, politics, and atheism. Videos are traditionally uploaded to The Bible Belt Atheist's YouTube channel on Sundays and Wednesdays at 1600 (4pm) EST (Eastern Standard Time).
- Bible Skeptic, The (Brett P. Palmer)
- In a professional documentary style, Brett Palmer, a secular biblical scholar popularly known as The Bible Skeptic, hosts a number of his articles detailing and exposing the unreliability of the Bible on YouTube.
Through his articles and videos, The Bible Skeptic examines and critiques in rich, deeply researched detail and sober rationality, the many claims of biblical inerrantists, Christian apologists, and creationists.
- Bill Ludlow - Exposing the lies [of Creation Science Fiction] one layer at a time
- Bill Ludlow is a highly respected critical thinker and science educator who produces videos refuting Creationism, and science videos on paleontology and geology. (Bill Ludlow passed away on October 20, 2019; you can read the announcement on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Bill_Ludlow/status/1186138389742903296)
- Bill Nye, the Science Guy (official videos)
- Bill Nye, scientist, engineer, comedian, author, and inventor, is a man with a mission: to help foster a scientifically literate society, to help people everywhere understand and appreciate the science that makes our world work. Making science entertaining and accessible is something Bill has been doing most of his life.
- Bionic Dance
- BionicDance produces YouTube videos that are directed (primarily) toward atheists, on which claims made by theists are debunked using logical and philosophical considerations with an occasional dash of humour for good measure.
- Blue Collar Heathen
- Blue Collar Heathen offers criticism of religious claims and concepts from the point of view of an average working-class dude, and seeks to counter the toxicity of religious thoughts and attitudes, as they lead to personal, interpersonal, societal, and global harm. The magical thinking that religion requires does not halt progress -- it actively works against progress, and this is an affront to humanity.
It is not the educated elite that religion targets: it's the blue-collar working class they need to keep providing them with the income to maintain their churches and schools of apologetics, and our children to keep the pews filled on Sundays. And while the doctors of philosophy and science can debate the Ph. D.'s of apologetics and ministry, it is the workboot-wearing schmucks, the Blue Collar Heathens, that need the loudest collective voice in opposition to religion if ever the pews are to be emptied.
- BMillzebub - No Faith!
- BMillzebub talks about atheism, politics, and other "cringy nonsense" including matters of injustice. A number of his videos also covered the international child abuse epidemic that was perpetuated by the Catholic Church's clergical staff.
- Brick Stone
- Brick Stone (comedian Dave Sirus who is sometimes introduced with the slogan "God Hates Brick Stone") questions the lunacy of religious extremists, such as the Westboro Baptist Church (WBC), througout the United States, and showcases his stand up and comedy sketches. His entertaining interviewing style, which asks all the right and "very wrong" questions, is not inhibited by cultural taboos.
- Christina Rad (ZOMGitsCriss)
- Christina Rad is a YouTube video producer who takes her productions very seriously. She is a free thinking skeptic with integrity because she has demonstrated that she values improving or correcting information when errors are brought to her attention (and the better information or the refutations can be verified). Her videos cover an interesting variety of psychological and philosophical topics, many of which pertain to human emotions or atheism.
- Cosmic Skeptic (Alex J. O'Connor)
- Cosmic Skeptic is a YouTube channel intended for the discussion of philosophical topics ranging from the crucially important to the trivially interesting. The hose, Alex J. O'Connor, generally presents with a strong focus on skeptical inquiry and scientific validity.
- This deeply philocophical cartoon comedy series is famous for "roasting" religion over the firey coals of skepticism. The author doesn't address religion because of God; he addresses it because of the people who believe in God. He doesn't want them to believe in a fantasy; he wants them to believe what is true.
From the author: "If most of the world believed in Harry Potter and based life decisions - that affect everyone - on that belief, then I'd spend my time addressing Harry Potter, and I want you to get this straight: I don't know if a deity exists, but I do know the Abrahamic God doesn't exist, for He is an illogical concept, rife with contradiction - a square circle of loving wrath."
- Darrel Ray
- This channel, which is hosted by Darrel Ray, deals with the psychosocial aspects of religion, bringing it down to a personal level. How does guilt work? Why is sexual control so important to so many religions? Why do religious leaders say one thing and do another?
- DeViance, The
- As a creator of music, commentary, and humour, The DeViance strives to create high quality content for everyone on this Earthly globe we call "home." Whether it is politics, religion, or music, Mikey Famine, the host of DeViance, speaks from the heart armed with facts and love for all.
- Digital Hammurabi
- Digital Hammurabi is the creative outlet for two Assyriologists, Megan Lewis and Joshua Bowen. Driven by a passion for the ancient Near East and the belief that history is both important and relevant to modern life, Megan and Josh aim to break out of the ivory tower of academia and bring ancient Mesopotamia to the world. Joshua graduated from Johns Hopkins University with a Ph.D. in Assyriolgy in 2016, while Megan is (as of the time of this writing in 2019) still working on hers and hopes to graduate in early 2020.
- Discern4 - Skeptical Bible Videos from an ex-Pentecostal
- This series of videos details the author's experiences with Pentecostal Christian religious fundamentalism, and he shares his many thoughts on Christianity since leaving the Pentecostal faith. The more he looked for the real Jesus Christ, the more problems he found, which he reviews and explains in these videos (which include support for Closed Captions).
- Disciple of Kairos
- Jim Majors - a professional speaker and the host of this channel - is a skeptic who promotes the fact that your beliefs are not sacred (nor should they be), and he favours doubt by encouraging everyone to resist getting comfortable with the idea that they're right. Jim wants you to expose and present your deeply held convictions, and allow them to be scrutinized, primarily by asking yourself "Why do I believe what I believe?"
- DRP - Making Atheists Relatable
- DRP is a YouTube channel hosted in the United Kingdom that features unedited, original content. In these videos, the host, David Worley, interviews some of the biggest names in the global Atheist YouTube Community and engages in a diverse variety of interesting topics in addition to matters centred around atheism.
- End The Conspiracy (ETC)
- ETC (End The Conspiracy) is a YouTube channel hosted by Jay, who uses some satire as part of his noble efforts to debunk a wide variety of conspiracy theories and other crazy ideas.
- Eric Murphy
- Eric Murphy actively promotes a positive atheist culture in his efforts to improve/build the atheism community at large. He's known for his ongoing co-hosting of the weekly Talk Heathen call-in show, and for his contributions to other atheism communities including the Atheist Community of Austin (Texas, USA).
- EssenceOfThought is an online media outlet which produces fully referenced video reviews of other online content touching upon secularism, feminism, LGBT+, and ethnic equality. The host, Peter Thurston, exercises Critical Thinking skills with an Occam's-Razor-sharp intellectual precision that illustrates high-quality practical applications of skepticism.
- ExCultBaby - Go free yourself
- Ex-Jehovah's Witness, atheist activist, and professional apostate -- despite her small appearance, she has a clear voice and she uses it to draw attention to the bad ideas and superstitions that come with religion and the harm caused by religious extremism. In the spirit of promoting skepticism and critical thinking, she encourages everyone with her slogan, "Go free yourself!"
- Fay, The Most Gracious
- Fay, The Most Gracious, is an author, a teacher, and an activist Muslim apostate who also serves as Editor for a publication by a non-profit organization called the Faithless Hijabi (https://www.faithlesshijabi.org/), which is geared toward helping ex-Muslim and curious Muslim women in their plight from religion to reason. She also explores art, unpublished literature, and topics like human emotions on her YouTube channel.
- Frustrated Atheist
- The Frustrated Atheist has a love for history, science, philosophy, and many other subjects, and produces YouTube videos about atheism that also delve into these topics. One of this points of emphasis is that people should feel frustrated as long as theists keep trying to push their arbitrary ideals onto society at large, particularly in education, government, and all other areas of life where religion is inappropriate.
- Genetically Modified Skeptic - evaluate claims, demand evidence, scrutinize the absurd, and stay skeptical
- Drew is an atheist activist and science advocate who is known on YouTube as the Genetically Modified Skeptic. As a skeptic, Drew has strict standards of evidence, holds doubt as a virtue, and he urges those skeptical toward religion to apply similar rationality to the claims of alternative medicine and other so-called "fields" of pseudo-science. And he also implores those religious individuals who are skeptical toward pseudo-science to extend their skepticism into the realm of faith.
- gh AmputeeAtheist - Reality Trumps Mythology
- Although we don't know what the "gh" signifies, gh AmputeeAtheist produces YouTube videos that explore a variety of topics concerning religious mythology, often with a particular interest in how their arguments generally fail and why their ideals are problematic in modern, civilized societies that value freedom, equality, and fair justice as fundamental rights for everyone.
- Godless Cranium
- Godless Cranium is an anti-theist working in the important field of social services who supports LGBT rights and the right to criticize religion or anything else for that matter. He produces opinion-based YouTube videos covering news, atheism, religion, and a variety of other interesting topics including, occasionally, game reviews. The exchange of ideas and free speech are very important to Godless Cranium, and in sharing his opinions alongside his desire to share the opinions of others, he's always open to YouTube video collaborations.
- Godless Engineer - WWE Wrestler of Atheism
- Godless Engineer is a godless, independently-thinking Southerner living in North Alabama, USA, trying to survive the Christian wasteland one day at a time. He doesn't want people to feel alone in questioning religion or in being irreligious, and feels that if he can help someone to not feel so alone because they aren't religious anymore, then his efforts are more than worth his time.
- Godless Skeptic
- Godless Skeptic is a science enthusiast and an atheist. If you enjoy thinking and learning, this YouTube channel may be right for you as it provides all sorts of fun information, and interesting facts ranging from the grand scale of the entire Universe all the way down to subatomic particles. Godless Skeptic is also interested in engaging with religious zealots on any of these topics.
- Mr. Greycoat (Greycoat's Teapot)
- According to Mr. Greycoat, "outrageous claims require outrageous satire," and he pours the satire on thick in this wonderful collection of informative and humourous videos on his YouTube channel called "Greycoat TV." Famous people in the theist, atheist, and anti-theistic spheres are regularly featured using a variety of fun enhancements that make these videos truly entertaining.
- Holy Koolaid - freely question everything, because truth withstands scrutiny
- Holy Koolaid is hosted by Thomas Westbrook, who is enthusiastic about science and creating a technologically-advanced world worth living in. He was raised a missionary kid, but no longer believes in the supernatural since growing up in a former Soviet, Muslim country right after the fall of the Berlin Wall. His love of science made him question everything, and he's a skeptic of all things paranormal now. As a people-loving humanist with a child-like awe of the cosmos, he tries to base all of his videos on the pillars of free thought, critical thinking, and scientific skepticism.
Thomas is also known for his excellent contributions to the Here and How podcast, which focuses mostly on science.
- Inquisitive Quandary
- "Think before you believe" and "listen before you speak" summarize the core philosophy of Inquisitive Quandary's devotion to abolishing the ignorance, bigotry, and hatred that unfortunately persists in North America and throughout the world.
- Jaclyn Glenn
- Jaclyn Glenn produces videos about social issues and atheism. She is active in many atheism communities, and is also featured on AtheistTV (which was started by the American Atheists in July 2014). In many of her videos, Jaclyn presents logical perspectives in fun an interesting ways when applying skepticism to a wide variety of theistic claims.
- Jen (with one "n")
- Explore with Jen ... through the alphabet with a skeptic, atheist, secular humanist spin. Every letter has a topic, and every topic has a story. Jen also curates an interesting "specks of discovery" list, and covers everything from true stories about her life, to Christian apologetics, to health.
- Johnny Drivebye (The Dead Sea Skulls)
- Johnny Drivebye is an atheist, anti-theist, apistevist, secular humanist, and music aficionado who posts videos on a variety of interesting subjects where he regularly shares his music. Johnny also welcomes open and honest discussion on any of his videos, and he welcomes all criticism.
- Kirstin Opal
- With a fun, friendly, caring, and positive style, Kirstin Opal shares her thoughts on a variety of topics, including art, creativity, atheism, and a variety of things she's experienced throughout her life.
- Dr. Kristi Winters
- Dr. Kristi Winters (a.k.a., "dr km winters") is a self-described "liberal, atheist, feminist, social scientist nerd," and she is also a sharp skeptic who also happens to have an academic background in qualitative and quantitative research. On numerous occasions she has used neutral applications of skepticism to critique, dismantle, and debunk flawed, fraudulent, or simply illogical [so-called] "research" by others who don't understand the fundamentals of statistics and/or fail to apply scientific methodology correctly.
- KT45's atheist channel
- KT45 explains his transition from Christianity to atheism and shares these life experiences with interesting commentary and insightful perspective. These pleasant and rational presentations are often complimented by KT45's simple and fun cartooning style.
- Lavender Lady, The
- The Lavender Lady is an atheist, lesbian, and transgendered (not necessarily in that order) who is a fan of peanut butter and garlic sandwiches. In her YouTube videos, she shares a variety of interesting and insightful perspectives.
- Living Dinosaur, The
- An atheist and ardent anti-crationist who believes that people are and should be entitled to believe anything they like as long as they allow others the freedom to do the same and represent their positions honestly. This series of videos is presented beautifully and with class, and expresses thought-provoking ideas at a gentle pace.
- Luciano's Logic
- Luciano Joshua Gonzalez-Vega is a digital peace worker who cares about people finding peaceful solutions to conflicts wherever they appear. He can help schools develop alternatives to detention, or he can provide corporate and human resource training on nonviolent communication. He can also help families navigate generational divides related to sexuality and religion, or develop restorative justice templates for city councils to consider as part of enacting laws.
- Matt Dillahunty
- Matt Dillahunty has, for over a decace, been engaging believers and religious apologists on live television, in eMails, on forums, and from stages at universities and conventions. Matt enjoys producing content that helps people become more comfortable and more effective at defending their views, and has a wealth of knowledge about the Christian Bible and a knack for identifying and explaining the logical flaws in religious arguments.
- MindShift Podcast
- Is it time for a MindShift? Are you on the journey of deconstruction and discovery in what we call religion, spirituality, God, the church, and more? Join Dr. Clint Heacock, your fellow-traveler on this path as he applies critical thinking to such topics as God, the church, spirituality, and more.
- The Mole
- The Mole (who is also known in some circles as The Unholy Mole) is skeptical and cynical with a good sense of humor who mostly discusses modern present-day issues and battles Political-Correctness culture.
- Mr. Atheist
- Jimmy Snow, who is better-known as Mr. Atheist, grew up as a deeply religious person and has seen first-hand how dangerous religions can be in controlling minds and behavior. Through his YouTube channel he tries to balance this by helping others to see there is a happy, healthy world waiting for them on the other side of religion.
- Nadine Callan
- Nadine is a budding animator who runs a humble YouTube channel featuring videos about her own interests and beliefs, including some topics concerning atheism. Nadine also produces tutorials and demonstrations about creating art such as jewellery, amigurumi, quilts and blankets, tatting, needle lace, chainmail, beadwork, paper quilling, crochet, and so much more at her other YouTube channel, "Creations by Nadine" (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_kZy29ZR3DPJgMnnm26-SQ).
- Neil The 604 Atheist (Neil Bernstein)
- Neil is well-known for his "Deconversion Stories" YouTube video series in which he interviews atheists about their past experiences with religion and, specifically, why they left, what the transition to atheism was like for them, and the impact all of this has had on their lives personally, professionally, as well as in their local communities.
Neil is compassionate about community, human rights, and music, and, in particular, he's a staunch advocate for donating blood, which he does in honour of his late father who was also a prolific blood donor.
- Nervardia (previously known as Godless Strayan)
- Science exploration and the counterbalancing of Australia's reputation are amalgamated in Nervardia's channel. After the Christchurch attack by an Australian, Nervardia decided to address a potential problem for Australia's reputation for being the source of quite a few people who are vocally racist and bigoted in various ways (including religious bigotry). Because of these people, the goodness that Australians really are is being overshadowed, so one of the main purposes of this channel is to add a small counterbalance to Australia's reputation by expressing views rarely heard internationally.
- New Stoics, The - complimenting Orthodox Stoicism with modern Stoicism
- Many people now aspire to be Stoics but find it hard to understand the real meaning behind it. This YouTube channel, which is hosted by Tim Huggins, concludes the ways anyone can be part of the stoicism society in these modern times, and he hopes you enjoy the educational videos that he makes available (this is not just a YouTube channel, it is an educational organization).
- Non Stamp Collector
- In a series of insightful critical thinking cartoons this author examines various religious stories and ideas in a fun and critical manner. The cartoons also occasionally examine alternative endings to some religious stories that, in the end, often seem more probable.
The philosophy of not collecting stamps is a reflection of it not being a hobby because atheism is not a religion, just as not playing football is not a sport and "off" is not a TV channel, etc.
- NotJah Witness - #ExJW
- NotJah Witness is your imaginary underworld apostate! A former Witness discussing the Jehovah's Witnesses, his personal stories being a witness and getting out, and the controversies and outright BS that the Watchtower organisation pulls. Then, for fun, he also thoroughly enjoys taking apart other stupid ideas being sold to people.
- Objectively Subjective - where ideas meet humanity
- Objectively Subjective is a YouTube channel that is centred around connecting people to the ideas they employ. In particular, this channel features videos on a wide range of topics from atheism to politics, humour to deep discussions, news to satire, great interviews, and so much more.
- Paulogia is a former Christian who thoroughly examines the claims of Christians, particularly wherever science is being denied in the name of ancient books.
- Pikachu the Gay Atheist
- Pikachu THE GAY ATHEIST, who is from New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, as an ex-Catholic who creates videos primarily responding to religion and conservative politics. He also makes atheist videos, commentary, liberal political, philosophy videos, and responds to popular and random videos worth responding to.
- Plenty O' Material by Bogumil Vatra
- Plenty O' Material is a YouTube video channel featuring a series of cartoons by Bogumil Vatra that focuses on animating various absurd aspects of religion.
A small variety of other videos is also included on this channel that are not cartoons.
- Progressive Liberal - Entertainment for Progressives
- This channel focuses on U.S. Politics and technical computer-and-internet topics with a Progressive Liberal bias. If you're a Progressive, a Liberal, a Democrat, or someone who wants to stay up-to-date on the things these people care about, this channel is for you. The host produces a combination of live shows, pre-recorded content, and heavily edited and scripted videos that are more like short films with a particular focus on educating viewers on the topics that matter most to Progressives.
- Prophet of Zod
- This is the YouTube channel of the famed Prophet of Zod. Here you find everything from satirical atheist cartoons to a guy with a static head and no discernible facial features. Prophet of Zod produces YouTube videos that challenge popular ideas while, at the same time, also providing intellectual entertainment.
- Prototype Atheist
- This channel features my unique perspective on the topics of religion, atheism, science, and politics, and often deals with the conflict between them. Prototype Atheist is a former Christian who is well-versed in the arguments often presented by both sides and, as a molecular biologist who is well-educated in scientific methodology and theories, especially concerning evolution, is effective at spotting logical inconsistencies. As one who espouses an evidence-based worldview, Prototype Atheist embraces philosophies that are logically defensible and consistent with observations, and as a lifelong student he's always seeking to learn something new or be exposed to other unique perspectives.
- Purple Rhymes With Orange
- This eclectic collection of videos produced by a very curious layman who has spent more than half a century absorbing random bits of knowledge in a widely diverse range of topics. Purple Rhymes With Orange, who does not profess to have expertise in anything in particular, mostly asks questions and presents suppositions for the purpose of considering possibilities concerning why things are the way they are. Ultimately, he wants all of his viewers to think for themselves, and he's hoping this line of pontification will be helpful in achieving this.
- Qualia Soup
- Qualia Soup is a professional video cartoon series that teaches important logic and critical thinking concepts. This wonderful collection of videos is highly recommended for teenagers and adults of all ages, and is presented in a pleasant style that makes it easy to learn how to apply logic or improve critical thinking skills.
- Rachel Oates
- Based in London, England, Rachel Oates produces videos and shares her opinions and stories and random thoughts on science, atheism, social issues, puppies, books and literature, painting and makeup, and many other fun and interesting topics. Rachel has a formal education in the field of Biomedical Sciences and holds a B.Sc. in Business with a focus on Marketing and Consumer Behaviour. Her main academic interests include human biology, pscyhology, and nature.
Rachel is also known for her excellent contributions to the Here and How podcast, which focuses mostly on science.
- Raging Atheist, The
- The Raging Atheist covers topics of atheism, human rights, freedom, and regularly features other atheists in live video interviews and encourages people to subscribe to their video channels (when they have them) in a wonderful effort to help promote them as members of the international atheism community.
- Randolf Richardson 張文道
- Randolf is the atheism activist who runs this web site -- the Atheist Frontier. He has a passion for countering the misinformation about atheism and the attempts to vilify atheists that are sometimes presented or distributed to the general public, and which are most often perpetuated by religious groups that are arbitrarily hostile to atheism and atheists. You can also read more about Randolf at his personal web site (https://www.randolfrichardson.com/).
Most notably, Randolf is also the founding President of the Canadian atheists (https://www.canadianatheists.ca/) which is a national atheism group with a keen interest in promoting the Charter-protected fundamental rights and freedoms of all atheists in Canada and elsewhere. He also operates a variety of other atheism web sites, including one that clarifies the definition of the words "atheism" and "atheist" (https://www.define-atheism.com/) that delves into the linguistic structure, etymology, and logic of these words meaning "absence of belief in deities," along with providing helpful dictionary, academic, and philosophical references that demonstrate the common usage of these definitions.
- Rationality Rules
- Rationality Rules, which is hosted by Stephen Woodford, is a YouTube video series that focuses on debunking and refuting predominately religious and supernatural arguments. If you're interested in learning more about critical thinking and skepticism, the videos on this channel provide countless insightfully-excellent examples to draw from.
Stephen is also known for his excellent contributions to the Here and How podcast, which focuses mostly on science.
- Real Science (C0nc0rdance)
- "Concordance" means "harmony between all the parts," and in scientific use it means "arriving at the same conclusion by multiple methodologies." The goal of this broadcaster, who uses the pseudonym "C0nc0rdance," is to show, through the use of solid evidence and rational argument, what is junk science and what is real.
- Dr. Richard Carrier
- Richard Carrier is a world-renowned author and speaker. As a professional historian, published philosopher (whose books and articles have received international attention), and prominent defender of the American freethought movement, Dr. Carrier has appeared across the U.S., Canada, and the U.K., and on American television and London radio, defending sound historical methods and the ethical worldview of secular naturalism.
With a Ph.D. from Columbia University in ancient history, he specializes in the intellectual history of Greece and Rome, particularly ancient philosophy, religion, and science, with emphasis on the origins of Christianity and the use and progress of science under the Roman empire. He is also a published expert in the modern philosophy of naturalism as a worldview.
- Rose Petal
- Rose Petal is known for comedy with a side of human rights and social commentary. She also shares her views about her experiences with different religions that she used to participate in, but left it all behind after gaining perspective from a friend who challenged her to prove that the Invisible Pink Unicorn (IPU) does not exist.
- Sarah Michel
- Sarah Michel, who is well-known for championing for freedom and human rights, aims to provide a critical and authentic view on science, philosophy, skepticism, politics, and the arts.
- Sassy Atheist
- Sassy Atheist produces videos about religion, politics, reproductive rights and freedoms, debunking misconceptions about atheism, and her own deconversion from religion, plus a variety of other interesting topics. Through her videos, in addition to sharing her unique views, Sassy Atheist also hopes to help others who are struggling in some way, such as with leaving religion, or at least helping religious people improve at generally coming to more logical conclusions.
- Scientia Perceptum
- Scientia Perceptum is a professional science teacher who engages in conversations with Creationists/myth-believers on YouTube, Twitter, Stickam, BlogTV, and other internet platforms. Exposing Creationism as a cult is one of Scientia's common themes of discourse.
- Scientist Mel
- Melody is a highly qualified professional scientist who is passionate about raising scientific awareness and literacy throughout the world, and one of her more famous YouTube video programmes is an audience-directed show called "The Science Of _____" in which viewers tell Melody what they would to learn about next. Melody holds a B.S. in Biology, a B.S. in Chemistry, an M.A.T. in Secondary Science Education, and an M.S. in Analytical Chemistry, and she is available to travel to speak publicly at events, conferences, and teacher development workshops.
- SecularTv - A Network where Free Speech is taken seriously
- The goal of SecularTv is to help promote unique and interesting content while focusing on a variety of diverse ideas that appeal to various groups in the secular community. In short, SecularTv's goal is to provide a springboard for producers -- assisting in the production of quality secular shows without dictating or censoring content.
- Shannon Q
- Shannon Q is an online YouTube content creator, active atheist advocate, and communication enthusiast who contributes regularly to a number of YouTube channels, including the Paulogia YouTube Channel, the Heathen Hour Podcast on the Heathen Hour YouTube Channel, and "Let's Talk about you with Shannon Q" on The Great Debate Community. Most importantly, however, she also creates content on her own YouTube channel that focuses primarily on atheist communication strategy, psychology, and atheist advocacy.
- Sinning Skeptics, The
- On this weekly podcast, young Ex-Muslims from around the world speak their minds on contemporary politics of religion, and their experience with Islam. The existence of this podcast is considered a sin as the aim is to connect young Ex-Muslim perspectives from around the globe.
- Skeptic Infidel
- The Skeptic Infidel has particular interests in math, science, and logic, and produces informative videos that tie into these and other topics, including examinations of social progress and how bad ideas can cause real life harm.
- SkepticShe is a musician who uses YouTube to document her stories of doubt and self-discovery as a former Conservative Christian, effectively adding her own voice to the growing secular and skeptic communities of YouTube.
- Overcome the age of faith and ignorance by bringing the age of knowledge to the forefront with the help of SkepTorr's YouTube channel, which discusses topics such as politics left and right, feminism and anti feminism, social issues, religion, etc.
SkepTorr is not known to take on labels (except for "atheist") as he thinks to be subscribed to an ideology is limiting the mind. SkepTorr speaks a lot against the progressive left and feminism, not for the people who identify as such but to challenge the corrupt institutions which operate under these ideologies, and the harm they create.
- Skylar Fiction
- The Skylar Fiction Show is known as a YouTube channel where "Christian Apologetics comes to die." Skepticism is applied to a wide variety of Apologetics themes with an "All Hail Raptor Jesus" and "Under His Claws" finesse.
- Steven Baumann
- Most of the videos produced by Steven, who is a licensed professional geologist who holds a degree in geology, focus primarily on the "rocky" field of geology. Since geology is not his only passion, some other topics are covered as well, including observational science, mathematics and physics, cats, Star Trek, etc.
- Steve Shives
- Steve Shives is an atheist who provides commentary on atheism and related topics while applying skepticism primarily to theist claims. He is particularly well known for his "an atheist reads..." series of videos (which can be viewed directly at https://www.youtube.com/user/stevelikes2curse/videos?shelf_id=11&sort=dd&view=50).
- Suris the Skeptic
- Suris the Skeptic, who carries a very large Hammer of Skepticism that is rumoured to rival Thor's famous hammer, tackles issues of religion, morality, philosophy, and occasionally science. Suris hopes that his arguments are sound, and leaves it up to most of his audience to decide.
- Talk Heathen (Austin, Texas, USA)
- Talk Heathen is a weekly live call-in television show in Austin, Texas, U.S.A. that is geared toward long-form and on-going dialogue with theists & atheists about religion, theism, and secularism. (Talk Heathen is produced by the Atheist Community of Austin.)
See also: Talk Heathen web site
- Tatted Philosophy (The Tattooed Atheist)
- Tatted Philosophy, who is also well-known as The Tattooed Atheist, is an atheist YouTube content producer who covers a variety of philosophical topics, atheism/religion, and electricity. Also, he's a qualified Electical Engineer who has an awesome beard.
- Telltale atheist
- Owen Morgan, the host of the Telltale atheist YouTube channel, examines cults and oppressive religions, covers best practices from the psychology community, logical fallacies, and Street Epistemology with one of his interests being in exploring how to deprogramme religious extremists.
- The Amazing Atheist
- The Amazing Atheist is a professional ranter who yells loudly in empty rooms (often with swearing), and publishes videos of it on the internet. Occasionally he reads a book or watches a movie, but mostly he just yells about things for your amusement and/or disgust.
- The Atheist Voice
- The Atheist Voice provides a virtual discussion platform for atheist leaders, authors, bloggers, activists, and everybody else who is passionate about atheism, and secularism. Everyone is encouraged to join the discussion by commenting under the videos or submitting video responses. The channel operators are also open to collaborative interests, and welcome other atheists to appear in their videos.
- The Thinking Atheist
- The Thinking Atheist is an online YouTube video series of professionally produced videos that employ satire, psychological and scientific research, and common sense. (There is a particular emphasis on the exploration of common-sense questions about the origins of deities.)
- Thunderf00t - Science and Education for the win!
- These videos are about the true beauty of a self-inquiring sentient universe that is lost on those who elect to walk the intellectually vacuous path of comfortable paranoid fantasies.
Phil Mason, the author of these videos and advocate of skepticism, is particularly famous for his various science demonstrations and his "Why Do People Laugh At Creationists?" video series, his exchanges with other YouTube video bloggers, and public interviews with various theists (most notably Ray Comfort).
- TJump is an atheist named Tom who regularly debates expert theologians in an effort to promote reason/atheism. His intention is to thoroughly debunk religious claims and arguments that favour the existence of a god at all levels from casual apologetics to that of professional philosophers and cosmologists. Tom has also written a book on the epistemology (theory of knowledge) and model of objective morality which he hopes will be of interest to one of the large publishing companies in the near future.
- Tom Leeds - your friendly neighbourhood atheist
- Tom Leeds produces a wonderful series of short philosophical videos about atheism wherein he asks questions like "Being an atheist is easy, so why isn't it more common?" and "Holding onto your belief when there is no actual reason to believe seem hard, so why do so many do it?" His philosophy is simple and unimposing, and he codifies it as follows: "I don't want to change anyones mind; I want to give them a reason to change their own mind."
- Tony Reed (how Creationism taught me Real Science)
- Tony Reed, who is known for his knacks for research, music, and comedy, produces YouTube videos about these and other interesting topics, including, in particular, the debunking of Creationism.
- Topic Thunder (PhilosopHER)
- Topic Thunder's videos are intellectually focused on Philosophy, Mental Health, Humanism, and a reasonable variety of other topics, including interesting perspectives concerning assessments of the Greek goddesses and gods. Right or wrong, she mostly wants to be a meaningful participant in conversations on these kinds of topics.
- Truth Wanted
- Truth Wanted is a show about getting to the bottom of beliefs, whether it's karma or Christ, Bigfoot or crystals, Truth Wanted would like to know how you know it's true. Hosted by ObjectivelyDan, Truth Wanted takes calls from the community (that means you!) and features new guests every week, emphasizing thorough conversations over name-calling and scoffing (most of the time). Truth Wanted focuses on how and why people believe what they believe, and how you can talk about beliefs in more effective ways.
- Unholy Sara
- In her atheistic YouTube videos, Unholy Sara explains why religion is not harmless. Overall, her channel is intended to be a resource for people to get some moral, unholy, and atheistic views on a variety of relevant topics.
- Unicorn & Toast - Yeast be with you!
- Unicorn & Toast is a community-donation-fueled video series based on two interspecies homosexual deities who fell in love making the universe. Peachy, the main character, is the Earthling friend of the gods who is a logical and very stubborn girl (the videos often showcase a key attribute of her character wherein nothing really gets to her no matter what life throws her).
- Veritas Voices (veritas vincit)
- Veritas Voices is a video podcast hosted by an ex-deist named Rene (a.k.a., Renevelation) and an ex-extremist named Lilith who often focus the topics around the loss of faith and the path to reason.
- Viced Rhino
- Viced Rhino is a Canadian who specializes in creating response videos to pseudo-scientific nonsense that he encounters on YouTube, and with the goal of "Winning the Internet!"
- WildwoodClaire1 (Coffee with Claire)
- Coffee with Claire is a weekly YouTube video show, which is usually uploaded on Sundays. It consists of a series of short subjects of interest, including science education, Creationism, human rights, and politics. Regular features like "Mixed Nuts" (which is a commentary on the most idiotic and/or insane comments by politicians), "Creationist Greatest Hits," "Geology Minute," "Claire's 'Shout-out of the Week,'" and "Claire's 'Dim Bulb of the Week.'"
- Wonder Lady
- Wonder Lady, who operates from the middle of nowhere (according to her online Twitter profile), is mostly interested in what other people think about a wide variety of topics, and interviews people on YouTube to find out. She's also passionate about creative writing, and is a friendly and enjoyable conversationalist.