Resources - Atheism - Blogs
These internet sites are blogs that are related to atheism. If you know of a web site that should be included in this list, please share it with us or add it to the "atheist Blog Roll" at: http://www.atheistblogroll.com/blogs/submit.pl
- Aron Ra
- Aron Ra is one of the "YouTube atheists" and an advocate for rationalism in science classrooms. He grew up in an exclusively creationist environment where he felt like a lonely outcast just for understanding evolution, let alone accepting it. Being raised in a mostly-Mormon family encouraged him to explore other denominations and eventually non-Abrahamic spiritualism before rejecting faith-based beliefs altogether. He was drawn into activism when the Religious Right dominated his state's Board of Education, and began undermining education in history, health, science, and social studies.
Aron's videos often focus on evolution and the evidence indicating an interrelated tree of life. His series summarizing the "Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism" and his subsequent series, "Falsifying Phylogeny" (including the "Phylogeny Challenge") have been mirrored, featured, referenced, and recommended by many professional scientists, secularists, and educators, and has attracted more than 60,000 subscribers to his YouTube channel.
- Atheist Indian, The - because God had his chance ... and blew it
- This is a blogger from India who is politically neutral, socially liberal, an internationalist, a humanist, and an atheist. As a first officer for one of those airlines that "has pretty air hostesses in short skirts," and passions that include airplanes, women, rock music, sociology, psychology, philosophy, culture, languages, film making, social activism, reading, talking and writing, and coin collecting, the enjoyable perspectives shared by this atheist tend to resonate well with "normal blokes" who are "sane and unthreatening."
- Considerate Atheist, The
- Working towards a more respectful dialogue about religion, god, and faith, with a strong desire for everyone to be kinder to one another in conversations about deities.
In summary, the attitude is that fundamentalism, prejudice, and bigotry can only to met with kindness, respect, and an open mind -- the author believes that if we embrace these values we will find ourselves embracing each other in the process.
- Evolution Child - the most I can hope for, is to evolve
- Vonnie is an atheist who characterizes herself as a girl of passion and conviction - usually quite tame and fun loving. She is endlessly bedazzled by nature and the special kinship humans have with the universe and with each other. She's extremely keen on balance and inner peace, a future without scarcity and war, a future of abundance for all. Love, joy, health, and unity are of particular importance to her.
- Fractal Heretic
- Fractal Heretic was a devout Creationist who became an atheist in or around the year 2011, and started blogging about it soon after. This blog provides a reasonable perspective regarding the differences between Christianity and atheism which helps to lessen the gap of understanding.
- Friendly Atheist, The
- The Friendly Atheist blog is operated by Mr. Hemant Mehta, a graduate from the University of Illinois (Chicago, USA) with degrees in Mathematics and Biology. He also helped establish the first secular student group, Students WithOut Religious Dogma (SWORD), while attending the University before earning his Masters in Math Education at DePaul University and currently teaches high school math in the suburbs of Chicago as he also continues to be active in atheism organizations.
- Martin S. Pribble - Attempting to make sense
- In his attempts to make sense of the world, Martin's informative and insightful perspectives are presented in a serious yet interesting style as blog entries that are also often highly recommended as being among the best intellectual atheism blog entries on the internet.
- Michael Nugent - atheism, reason, skepticism, happiness
- Michael Nugent is a writer from Dublin, Ireland, and chair of the advocacy group Atheist Ireland. This blog is mainly about two issues that Michael is very passionate about: promoting atheism, and promoting secularism, because he believes that the idea of gods is bad for society; and understanding why and how people are happy, because happiness is the underlying reason that anybody wants anything.
One interesting project that Michael has been working on is to develop elementary school curriculum about atheism.
- Myles Power
- Myles Power is a practical skeptic who conducts logical experiments and investigates credible sources of information to debunk various claims, including 9/11 conspiraries and homeopathy to name a few. Myles' educational background is in chemistry, with a specilization in organic chemistry, which has helped him develop his skills needed to research and debunk virus pseudoscience theories in particular.
- Nigerian Anarchist - Unbowed. Unbent. Unbroken.
- The Nigerian Anarchist writes about social issues in Nigeria, particularly those problematic ones that are cause or inspired by religious buffoonery.
- Rational Razor, The - atheism, philosophy, rational thought
- The purpose of this blog, The Rational Razor, is to raise awareness and further the cause of atheist philosophy, secular politics, and rational thought in general. The author's intention is to question the privileging of religion in secular society, to examine the justification of beliefs, and to highlight the deleterious effects of unjustified beliefs.
- Roedy Green (Canadian Mind Products)
- Roedy Green is one of those people who has a knack for cutting through the nonsense and exposing any real problems and motives at play. Although categorizing his web site under "blogs" doesn't do it justice (because he provides so much useful information about a wide range of topics, including Java software development, and also a programming language called "Abundance" which he created in 1980s), we find that the perspectives he shared from the "religion" section of his web site fit best here.
- SkepticEdge, The | The skeptic left keeping the world safe from the right
- The SkepticEdge is a blog by Don McLenaghen who is also the host of Radio FreeThinker that focuses on skepticism and which airs weekly on an FM radio station in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada on the campus of the world-class University of British Columbia (UBC). The blog features many articles that apply skepticism to world events, social issues, freedom, and politics, often with the aim of exposing the efforts of the attempts of the religious right to interfere with public policy.
- Something to scroll through...
- Rich LaDuca is the author of this blog (which was cleverly entitled "Something to scroll through...") within which he explores the pragmatic and philosophical aspects of various topics that often also relate to atheism or theism. Some of the topics focus on the wisdom of ethics and morality, and how change insightfully factors in.
- Starts with a BANG!
- Ethan Siegel, a Theoretical Astrophysicist, Science Writer and Communicator, expert in (some aspects of) dark matter and dark energy, physical cosmology, and sometimes professor, teacher and educator.
Ethan's philosophy: "When we ask the question of where the Universe comes from, physicists and philosophers are often asking two different questions. I can give you the answers from a physics viewpoint, at least as far as they are understood. But although our answers are finite, our curiosity isn't, necessarily. Just because we don't have the answers doesn't mean there aren't questions worth asking or thinking about."